"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 May 1996 15:47:00 EDT
>It may be that her E-mail software is not properly configured,
>and it defaults to "root" unless otherwise configured.  She may
>be "[log in to unmask]" and your (apparently random) notes to
>"[log in to unmask]" would probably be ignored.

... and thus, you should not allow the subscription to be added
since your list's posting won't be delivered any better than your
person-to-person e-mail.

A cursory glance for all ROOT@* here on PSUVM reveals that
the particular subscriber is on one list, but another root
is on many unrelated lists.

My opinion: unless you allow anonymous subscribers on your
list as a rule, don't allow ROOT.  As a matter of fact,
I'm considering adding that to my lists "* FILTER= ALSO,"
just like POSTMASTER et al.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State