"Ingrid H. Shafer" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 12:20:10 -0500
I know of one case (not involving me) in which a filtered indiviual
has threatened legal action and the listowners had to consult an
attorney.  Whether this sort of nonsense will or will not stand up
in the courts, it can take its toll on listowners.  As long as the
information is public and the filtered individuals are not public
figures they might sue for libel, defamation of character, or some
other tort category designed to protect people from public embarrasment
and possible resulting loss of income.

Ingrid Shafer
[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]