"David W. Baker" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 May 1995 16:12:03 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "LISTSERV list
owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is there a way where we can set the delivery time-limit for an email
> message sent to the List? Say 3 days at the most.
>
> Com'on 32 days (771hours?) is a very very long time for an e-mail to be
> kept pending for delivery.

   Most list owners probably agree with you. The behavior of this site was
recently discussed on this forum and reading that debate might be
informative. Below is a database search job which will send you back that
thread.
   The debate ceased abruptly without resolution. I mailed the Demon
representative, and he mentioned that he wasn't subscribed to LSTOWN-L,
despite the fact that his messages were being posted to this forum. (I
personally find this frustrating.) Apparently many opinions expressed were
never received by him. Furthermore, he said that Demon is continuing to
find a way to accomodate the needs of list owners. I suspect that is just
lip service, but it's more than any other Demon administrator had given me
in the past.
   How I've dealt with this situation as a list owner is also mentioned in
the thread, and I regret the necessity to impliment such a policy.
   Good luck.

--dwb--

   To receive a copy of the thread, mail [log in to unmask] with a body of:

//      JOB  Echo=No
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD   *
search -
  * -
  IN LSTOWN-L -
  WHERE (Subject CONTAINS ('being bounced from' OR 'Two interesting'))
PRINT ALL
/*

David W. Baker | [log in to unmask] | <URL:http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/>