Wed, 11 Jun 1997 13:03:46 +1000
Hello everyone!

I have two questions I would like some help on:

1. I have noticed while runing LSV in the foreground that the PW=etc
string is shown in the clear?  Is there any way to protect this?  This
means that people such as maintainers can trace which passwd owner's use
for their lists... You comments please.

Log extract:
xx Jun 1997 12:34:29 From [log in to unmask]: GET XXX (HEAD NOLOCK PW=ontheclear!

2. I have a server which is know by more than one domain name/hostname:

        HOST.ABC.ORG
        MAIL.XYZ.ORG

I noticed there is a line in go.user that mentions that as many names as
the machine is know by should be added there.  Can you please let me know
the exact format for that line?  Or alternatively a pointer to where I can
find that information. Thanx.

# -- The fully qualified domain name for this host.
NODE="HOST.ABC.ORG"

I got this one ok :)  I guess its the primary name right?

#
# -- All possible domain names for this machine. SPACE SEPARATED!
MYDOMAIN=$NODE

Is it here that I would need to add all possible names?

MYDOMAIN="$NODE MAIL.XYZ.ORG ETC.QWE.ORG"   ---> correct???

Do I need them setup in sendmail class w as well?

#### w class ###############################################################
# Alternate names by which this host may be known.
# This class is pre-set to contain the h_name and all h_aliases of this host
# as returned by gethostbyname(3N).  If additional aliases are required,
# they may be added here.
Cw localhost HOST MAIL.XYZ.ORG ETC.QWE.ORG

Please clarify.

Thank you all for you time!

David M

PS.  I do have another question... how to make LSV and NSMAIL work? I
would like to upgrade the system's mta from sendmail to NSMAIL, but LSV
is in there too...