Thomas Zielke <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Apr 1993 13:42:32 CET
Dear colleagues,

I am considering a special setup for my list HISTORY. What I want to do
is the following:

a) all peers of HISTORY remain unchanged, except that I enable the DIGEST-
   feature where LISTSERV 1.7f is installed - HISTORY has three European
   peers, and LISTEARN hasn't introduced automatic digests yet.

b) I create a new list called HIST-DIG which is subscribed to a nearby
   HISTORY peer, but is *not* a peer of HISTORY. HIST-DIG's default options
   are set to DIGEST, so that all subscribers will receive digests rather
   than single postings. This *should* result in the fact that my European
   subscribers can either sign off from HISTORY and subscribe to HIST-DIG
   or set HISTORY to NOMAIL and subscribe to HIST-DIG (whatever they
   prefer), with the effect that they will from then on receive digested
   mailings from HISTORY via HIST-DIG.

Did I make myself clear? I hope I did, because I'd like to know whether
this is setup is possible without causing too many problems, and I'd also
like you to tell me whether you find this a good idea.

Yours,

Thomas Zielke

Historisches Seminar
Universit{t Oldenburg