Aldo-Pier Solari <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 May 1994 14:39:01 GMT
On Mon, 9 May 1994 Nick La-flamme <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...] and that people
> had better accept that it's a big wide world out there and that we're not
> in control of it.
>
> Just a thought,
> Nick

Well, Sir. To me, it seems INTERNET has got a bunch of terrorists but
there's not police. If there are no "engagement" rules no communication
may be possible. Otherwise, all scientists and other people (the ones
who can pay) will escape to private owned networks. There, you've
got to pay 750 USD/year just to open a mailbox. USENET is not a good
example of anything and most traffic there is garbage. And not only
that: A gateway to/from USENET may ruin a serious network in a matter of
hours.

Regards, AP (FISH-ECOLOGY).