Fri, 6 Nov 1998 14:24:19 -0500
> Check for MIME.  If so,
>
> SET GARDENS NOMIME FOR [log in to unmask]

NOMIME is the default option.

MIME was the second thing I thought of.  (The first was a subscriber who
started posting in August, using an unusual font.  I thought that, perhaps,
their wordprocessing application didn't support that font. No go.)

They sent me three samples.  The one that locked up the computer was mix of
a personal messages and a Perennials digest from August, all densely layered
with some sort of encoding.  Lovely reading material, that.  There weren't
any Gardens messages in it, but it did arrive with Gardens header
information.  The next one mixed Gesneriphile and Gardens digests together.
The last one arrived with incomplete HTML coding, and no HTML coded messages
in the digest to cause a switchover.

*All* garbled messages arrive with *Gardens* header information, so Gardens
gets blamed for the problems.

Gardens DIGEST setting are Yes,Same,Daily,Size(800) and that allows for
relatively small files.... <shaking head>

I'm afraid this is one problem I'll get to blame on AOL, but that solution
is too easy and I'm looking for other options.

Barb Dorsett  mailto:[log in to unmask]
active co-listowner for Gardens  mailto:[log in to unmask]