Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:59:12 -0600
> Well, it's true that I don't understand the concept, but that's not
> the problem.  The problem is that I'm both subscribed _and_ not
> subscribed to the Swedish version of the list.  I suspect it's a
> problem with the way the lists are shared, because (AFAIK) I never
> subscribed to the Swedish list (and the listserv there confirms that).

Well, I get the acks also, from Eric's neck of the woods.  I used to be
subscribed there at SEARN, since that was where the list was moved when
it left Indiana, and that was where the archives were moved to. At that
time the list was not peered.  Then the archives got moved to Alabama
and the list became peered.  Ok, I was still subbed via SEARN, I never
got an ack from the L-soft peer in 'bama when I posted.  I finally said,
this is silly, why send my stuff to Sweden, to get it sent back to the
US? So I signed off on the SEARN sub, and did one for 'bama. I immediately
started getting ACKs from SE every time I posted to the list, and I can't
turn 'em off as I ain't subbed in SE anymore.  Did send a private note
to Nathan about it.

They don't really bother me, 'cept as a puzzle, looking at the headers
of the peers to see if I can figure out why this is happening.  If they
get to bothering me I'll just signoff from the 'bama peer and go back to
Sweden and I won't get the ACKs (unless Eric and Nathan have been messing
with the list headers and the peering).         Douglas