"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 07:58:00 EDT
>1) Is there a FAQ of some sort on what steps to take if a user is getting
>   mail from your list but there is no sign of the person in the REVIEW?
>   I have one such user with whom I have checked all of the obvious
>   situations that were mentioned in the LSTOWN faq... I also pulled in
>   a tech support consultant at her site -- much to everyone's equal
>   befuddlement. After six months of trying to figure out how the user
>   is getting mail, I have given up.

I suggest (for the time being) that you set all userids at that site
 to receive
distributions with the following option

SET listname FULLHDR FOR *@*site

Then have the user mail you the distribution of one of the newly
generated list postings (or maybe even the notification of the SET)
that they received: it should have sufficient info to track down the
subscriber address.

You may then re-set the headers to a more terse format

SET listname SHORTB FOR *@*site

>2) Is there a way to force a digest to occur? I have to post a lengthy
>   FAQ. I have found that no one will read messages posted after the
>   FAQ because they have to file through pages to find it. If there
>   is a way to post a message that would not be included in a digest
>   mode, I would *LOVE* to know. That would make me even happier!

Post the FAQ right before the daily (?) distribution.   This should
help ensure that you are the last digestified entry.  Maybe you'll
need to tweak the daily-distribution time-of-day?

Or don't post the FAQ, but store it in the filelist and make reference
to it from time to time, and include instructions on how to get it
in your WELCOME file.

As far as your number 3), how about setting those users to DIGEST?