Jane Lyle <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:06:03 -0500
Further to the discussion of copyright and privacy, I'm wondering what
other list owners think about a list owner who frequently puts subscribers
on Review and then edits their posts before forwarding them to the list.
She also alters the posts stored in the archives. I don't mean that she
goes in there to delete misdirected posts or near-duplicates; in some
cases she is altering the content of what the poster said by deleting text
or moving it around, with no notice that she has done so and that the post
isn't as it was originally sent. This is a professional list, and her
level of interference makes me extremely uncomfortable.

Do those of you who do this yourselves see any moral/ethical/copyright
conflict in what you're doing, or do you consider it your right as the
owner of the list? I can't imagine doing it on my own list--and I'm not
happy when it's done to me by another list owner.

Comments?

Jane