Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:01:46 -0700
On Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:33:44 EST, Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Now I'm really confused.  The SizeLim keyword takes lines as the argument.
>So does Digest.  And what about Long-Lines -- that works on a line by line
>basis even.

All of the above are true.  I cannot explain it in detail.  I simply say that
LISTSERV is presently incapable of creating arbitrary line-breaks in the message
body.  If line breaks do occur in messages then it happens either before the
incoming message gets to LISTSERV or after the outgoing message has left
LISTSERV's control.  In either event there is nothing in LISTSERV that can
control this.  You must look elsewhere for the solution.