Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:39:15 -0500
On Dec 14, 2006, at 9:59 AM — 12/14/06, Ray Champagne wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I'm currently transferring an old Lyris list over to ListServ.  I
> have a
> list of all the users and passwords, but I am only seeing ways to bulk
> import users.  There are options to just take their email, or their
> & their
> FName & Lname, but I don't see any place where I can import their
> passwords.
> There has to be a way to do this!

Are the Lyris passwords encrypted? If not, you could probably achieve
the result you want by scripting it. What you need is a script that
would email the appropriate password set command to listserv for each
subscription. There might also be a better way, but that's just what
occurs to me off the top of my head. If you know any scripting
language at all on a machine that can send email from an address that
owns the lists in question, this should be easy to set up.