John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:50:59 EDT
Dear All,

I co-own the SHOtimes-L list (for Ford Taurus SHO owners) at
American University.  This list has around 370 subscribers and
generates about 70 messages each day.  We have been running on the
current server for several weeks and have weeded out all of the
permanently bad addresses.

The person listed as the first list owner in the list header is getting
swamped with temporary error messages such as "server unavailable for
four hours," temporary "user unknown" or "host unknowns," etc.  All of
these errors are the type that eventually resolve themselves, although
they come in at a rate of 70 or so every 12 hours.

Does anybody have any suggestions to alleviate this problem?  Is there
any way to not hear about temporary errors, and just hear about serious,
permanent ones?

Many thanks.

-- John Witherspoon
   Washington, DC