Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:55:11 GMT
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996 00:53:49 +1000, Nathan Willis <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I noticed the new Subject-Tag= so I put it in my list.

This is new for Ver 1.8c of LISTSERV.

You set this like the other options mail/nomail, digest/nodigest,
ack/noack, etc.

Send to your List Command Address:  LISTSERV@your_host
the one line msg:                   SET listname SUBJECTHDR

This will insert your List's short-name in the Subject: line of all mail
sent by LISTSERV.  Thus, this msg Subject: would look like
  Subject: Re: [LSTOWN-L] Subject-Tag=

If you have a long listname and want to specify a shorter 'name' (e.g.
LSTOWN) then you use the Subject-Tag= LSTOWN Keyword.  Do not add the []
brackets, LISTSERV will do that for you.  Also, LISTSERV handles this
nicely so that you do not get multiple tags like you sometimes get with
multiple Re: Re: xxxx.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]