Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:56:47 -0500
> Does anyone have any suggestions about how to discourage and detect
> banned ex-list members from returning with a fake identity? I have
> already set subscription=  By owner,confirm but there is no easy way
> to detect a determined troublemaker from what I can tell. Does anyone
> have any experience with the legal aspects of this problem? -- Walter
> Potter

Nope.. there's really no way.. too many free accounts out there... and as
you know already, sub by owner doesn't help at all. Probably your safest
bet is to default REVIEW .. so all new subscribers are on REVIEW until
you feel pretty safe with them.. then you can set them to NOREVIEW.

Legal stuff is best asked of lawyers I think.  They certainly have no legal
obligation to log on under one and only one ID... and I doubt you have any
legal obligation to accept all subscribers though.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]