"Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 19:06:27 -0700
As a list owner I can start and modify the mailing list subscriptions for
anyone who wants to join my list.

I can also define files, such as a FAQ, that are associated with my list.

But I cannot setup the AFD subscriptions to such a file, as I understand
it; only the person themselves, or their own postmaster, can setup an AFD
subscription.  Is that right?  Why is that?

What is the difference conceptually between someone subscribing to my
list or subscribing to my file?  They seem similar to me.  Is there some
historical precedent or problem here?

Kevin

SIGNATURE  Kevin J. Sinclair,  [log in to unmask],  USA Pacific Time Zone
*  URL  <http://rdz.stjohns.edu/kidopedia/> <http://www.computer.com/home>
* OWNER of some Internet mailing lists; email for info to these addresses:
*   1.  [log in to unmask]    -  WWW Encyclopedia made by children
*   2.  [log in to unmask]  -  Searching for Medical Information
*   3.  [log in to unmask]     -  Cancer, Prostatitis, PBH diseases
*   4.  [log in to unmask]      -  Leukemia, Lymphoma, and M.Myeloma