Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:34:26 +0000
This has happened to me quite a bit with my ISP.  I hadn't ever seen
it until I changed over to Indy Net.  Seems like it happens once or
twice a week, luckily for me they have 24 hour tech support, and I
get an error specifying something about envelopes.  Usually, I just
call them and tell them that I have a bad header, they delete it and
I get my mail back.  Recently, the header was so messed up that it
actually took an administrator to fix it.  I would be very interested
in hearing what anybody has to say on this, it has me completely
baffled.

Liz

>      On another topic,  my Century ISP is having difficulty with mail I
> have been receiving recently.  Four times in the last two weeks, my ability
> to receive mail has been knocked out by mail trying to come through with
> "an extra character", and this causes "authentication failed" and "timeout
> occurred" messages to continue until a systems person personally deletes
> the extra character from the offending piece of mail.  This has caused me
> to be without e-mail reception capability for a day or so at a time, as the
> systems personnel go home around 5pm, and also work on a "first come, first
> served" system, and it is also involving lenthy, very trying calls with the
> Century tech folks.  When this first occurred, I was told this was "an
<snip>