Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Sep 1997 12:52:55 -0400
Define "minimum of aggravation" viz. short-term and/or long-term.

What you need is to "qualify" new subscribers.  That might be though their
existing posts (if any) to established forums, an e-mail dialog with you,
or presentation (via some medium such as snail mail or any existing WEB site).

A well-designed WELCOME aka Netiquette file would be of great assistance.
Search LSTOWN-L archives for WELCOME FILE.