Jane Lyle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:10:33 -0500
On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Michael S. Johnson wrote:

> So your approach is to manually clean up after Hotmail users, rather than
> advising either the subscriber or Hotmail that something is amiss and have
> them fix it?

The first few times it happened, we forwarded the messages to Hotmail and
asked whether there was anything they could do about it. We didn't get a
single response--not even an acknowledgment of our requests.

As for asking subscribers to fix it, I don't know that they can--and many
of the people who are using these services are not all that
technologically savvy.

It takes me only a few seconds to go to the Web interface, delete the
extraneous text in the subscription name, and hit Update--much less time
than it takes me to write a note to the subscriber and/or Hotmail! So,
like Douglas, I find it an annoyance, but a relatively minor one.

Jane