Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:51:33 -0500
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Rob Carpenter wrote:

>New user of listserv.
>
>Where do we start with trying to limit spam to the servers?
>
>What steps can be taken to reduce spam. We are using listserv 1.8e and
>LSMTP 1.1b. We are using LSMTP pop3 mailboxes.  We get some complaints
>about spam in the mailboxes at times.
>
>We do one way newsletters and we do have the following in the header file.
>Posting is not allowed to the list by the subscribers.
>
>Default-Options= NOPOST,CONCEAL
>
>What steps can be take to slow down SPAM?

Your question is very vague. Based on what you said, spam is not coming
through your Listserv lists. If your subscribers are getting spam, are
they suggesting the spam is coming from any of your lists? There are
numerous tools that individuals and organizations use to combat spam and a
discussion on those tools is outside the scope of this list if Listserv is
not involved, and I doubt it is.