Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:26:12 -0400
On: Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 09:13:45AM -0500,Jane Grimsbo Jewett Wrote:

} Greetings!
}
}         I just took over ownership of a list for my organization
} while the usual owner is on leave -- and promptly encountered a
} problem that I don't know how to handle.
}
}         One subscriber mistakenly sent a message to the LISTSERV
} address rather than to the list.  I tried to help her out this
} morning by posting her message to the correct address: [log in to unmask]
}
}         Then I got the following error message:
}
} An error occurred while logging mail to  the archives of the SUSTAG list. An
} incomplete copy  of the message  might be present  in the archive  file. The
} list is being held to prevent further occurrences of this error. Please take
} corrective  action and  issue  a "FREE  SUSTAG" command  when  you want  the
} message to be reprocessed.
}
}         I used the "FREE SUSTAG" command twice to free the list, but
} it promptly re-locked and sent me the same message.
}
}         Please help; I don't know what "corrective action" to take.

The most common cause of this problem is that the archive disk is out of
space.  Unless someone at the listserv site can verify this and increase
the space you will have to delete some archives.

Do an "Index Sustag" to get a list of the archives, then do a GET to get
the oldest year of archives.  Once these are safely stored away, then
erase them.

To erase them, send to the listserv:

   PUT SUSTAG.Lxxxxxxxx  pw=your_password

and have NOTHING following the PUT command.  No sig, no ad etc etc.
Repeat for each file to be erased.

If you can't avoid the sig or ads, try an EOF seperator line immediately
after the put.  This is a line containing only the characters dash dash
space.  Caveat: I am not sure the EOF seperator line works in this
context.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67