Gerry Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 12:12:28 PDT
On Sat, 19 Aug 1995 17:55:14 +0200 you wrote:

>This is the first time - to my knowledge - something like this has happened
>to my list. Would somebody explain a) how it is possible to forge
>subscriptions to a mailing-list and b) what to do to avoid it?
>Helge Niska
>list owner LANTRA-L
>

>>Date:         Sat, 19 Aug 1995 06:40:57 -0400
>>Sender: "Interpreting (and) translation" <[log in to unmask]>
>>From: Bob Allisat <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject:      FORGED SUBSCRIBE
>>To: Multiple recipients of list LANTRA-L <[log in to unmask]>

The BoB sometimes claims that his name's been forged. Nobody knows for
sure if he's being straight or if he's using it as an excuse to haunt
the List/Group (or just your neighbourhood :-))
FAX [604] 582-3301

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any Use of This Product, in Any Manner
Whatsoever, Will Increase the Amount of Disorder in the Universe. Although No
Liability Is Implied Herein, the Consumer Is Warned That This Process Will
Ultimately Lead to the Heat Death of the Universe.