Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:04:14 +1000
text/plain (9 lines)
> Adam Bailey Wrote:
>
> On 4/13/01 10:28 PM, Glenn Darwin <[log in to unmask]> wrote...> > >But, why would AOL parse the header for where the e-mail > originated before it> >hit listserv?> > Because AOL has no way of knowing if a message went through a MLM. A> forged Received line is a forged Received line, wherever it appears.> > >Why do they consern themselves with every hop before the connect> >to AOL?> > So it's okay if I attempt to forge my dialup IP, so long as I relay> through a server that identifies itself properly? Forgery is forgery.> > >So what if one of my subscribers is running their own e-mail server.> > Running mail servers on dialup is a common way to send > abusive mail. Many> sites block mail directly injected from a dialup.> It all seems to me like they're burning down the barn to get the mice.Admittedly, AOL needs to be seen by their subscribers to be "doing somethingabout the problem" but do they have to resort to overkill?Chazzozz!!Michael [log in to unmask]"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.

ATOM RSS1 RSS2