Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 13:12:32 -0700
As I re-reading the Auto-delete keyword in appendix B of the 1.8b Manual
I must again ask a dumb question: If the list is hosted on a VM (IBM or
plug compatible 4381) if will *not* process Sendmail error messages.
Only Unix version of LISTSERV will do that ?

Now, if I try to guess I'd say AOL.COM uses UNIX mail hosts (guessing on
the feeble assumption that mailer-daemon@domain is probably indicating
UNIX inheritance)... Since AOL users are somewhere between the 1/3 and
half our list sub'ers , it is at least *annoying*.

So I'll go out on a limb and ask LISTSERV experts, can Sendmail error
fmt be or is it supported on later VM releases ?

If not, besides treating those messages manually (552=DEL and
550=NOMAIL), is there a way to connect to AOL.COM via a VM machine ?
Most (I could not say all e-mail to and from the list) is originating
from a emout16 and emin16 sub-domain ?

And if not, is there a way to ask their mail manager to configure
something so the errors are sent in accordance to Lmail (or other
LISTSERV 1.8b supported error scheme) ?

Maybe some you already had the problem ? Or maybe AOL.COM has stock in
commercial version of majordomo ;-) ?

I would appreciate your knowledgeable input on this ...

TIA,
--
Eric Paul-Hus , BLUES-L and close to having AOL-BLUES :-(