TRUTH - Geoffrey Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Apr 1995 22:30:08 -0500
Sorry to ask all three questions in one fell swoop, but I thought three
messages would be worse than one. These questions have been accumulating
over the past year and I finally got brave enough to ask...

1) Is there a FAQ of some sort on what steps to take if a user is getting
   mail from your list but there is no sign of the person in the REVIEW?
   I have one such user with whom I have checked all of the obvious
   situations that were mentioned in the LSTOWN faq... I also pulled in
   a tech support consultant at her site -- much to everyone's equal
   befuddlement. After six months of trying to figure out how the user
   is getting mail, I have given up.

2) Is there a way to force a digest to occur? I have to post a lengthy
   FAQ. I have found that no one will read messages posted after the
   FAQ because they have to file through pages to find it. If there
   is a way to post a message that would not be included in a digest
   mode, I would *LOVE* to know. That would make me even happier!

3) One or two users on my list have accounts on machines that are
   occasionally turned off at the end of the day, forcing bounces
   to occur. They have begged me to keep them on the list. I was told
   by Nathan The Wise One that filtering certain error reports is
   not yet possible. I am curious how others have handled this situation..

Thanks all! Its great to know that there have to be other people out
there who hate waking up to a mailbox full of error reports! ;-)

Geof.

Geoffrey Peters                                            [log in to unmask]
Computer Science Grad Student, Purdue University
Owner of eidos software, PageMaker Listserv Co-listowner
WWW Home Page: <URL:http://www.cs.purdue.edu/people/gwp>
DTP Internet Jumplist: <URL:http://www.cs.purdue.edu/homes/gwp/dtp/dtp.html>