Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:24:40 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
07/07/2005 02:11:33 PM:

> My philosophy has always been to make certain messages are as
> "disability friendly" as possible. Using html with backgrounds, colored
> fonts, pictures, etc., prove to be very difficult for people who use
> specialized email applications (screen readers, braille, etc.).
> Additionally, unless it is intended only for your corporate or .edu
> LAN, many people are still on dial-up and don't appreciate the extra
> time it takes to download html laden messages.

Or consider the person lucky (or cursed) enough to have to read them on a
wireless PDA such as a Palm Treo or Blackberry.  How about people using
WebTV or one of those mailstations?

And does pine count as a "specialized email application"?  I know someone
that still uses pine to read all his mail... Hasn't been bitten by an
email virus yet!