Fri, 12 Feb 1999 01:26:12 -0600
License type:    Permanent
Expiration date: None - perpetual license
Capacity:        Unlimited
Product options: HPO
Version:         1.8d
Serial number:   UB-SOLARIS-5F
Build date:      19 Aug 1998
 CPU model:         Ultra-2 (384M)
 Job origin:      [log in to unmask]

Ok, explain this to a lowly listowner.  It is 1.8d but from the
list traffic it would seem it is not the latest.

We constantly see "you can't do that in 1.8c but you can in 1.8d"
ora something to that effect.  But it depends on which "build"
of 1.8d the person has, and rarely does anyone say it will work
on a 1.8d build of July 4, 1776 or later, they just say it will
work on 1.8d.

Could we at least get 1.8.1d etc., or go to 1.8e, something so
that people know what version they are talking about without
having to jump through hoops?

Douglas