Pat Letendre <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 09:23:28 -0600
Back on 16 Dec 1994,Peter M. Weiss gave the following example of how to do
a keyword database search:

/* --------------------- clip and save ---------------- */
//ListSrch JOB Echo=no
Database Search DD=Rules OUTLIM=2000 f=mail
//Rules DD *
S keyword= IN LSTOWN-L
index #.4 date.8 sender.30 subject.35
print
/*
//  EOJ
I have tried it with another list and it works,sort of.(I did not get all
the hits that I know exist for the keyword that I chose.) I want to learn
how to search particular dates and all archives(regardless of date).How do
I do this? Specifically,

1. What do the numbers refer to in this line?
index #.4 date.8 sender.30 subject.35

2.If I wanted to search all archives what should I change in the example shown?

3.If I wanted to search , for example, all of March 1995, what should I
change in the example shown?
Please send a copy of replies to my personal address as I am on digest
right now for LSTOWN-L. Many thanks. Best regards,Pat