Kent Fiala <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 07:22:58 EST
On Thu, 17 Mar 1994 17:22:36 -0700 John Trimble said:
>A while back I posted this job (thanks to Melvin Klassen) which adds
>a subscriber having a long address. It works for the address below.
>
>//SUBMIT JOB PW=yyyyy
>ADD AFA-FIN DD=NEW
>//NEW DD "/I=W/G=BO/S=JACKSON,
>// [log in to unmask] Bo Jackson"
>//EOJ EOJ

You can't under any circumstances have an address-name combination longer
than 80 characters.  This example works only because the address itself is
less than 80 characters, so it remains valid even though LISTSERV truncates
the name to "Bo Jack".  It would not work if the address itself were over
80 characters.