"Bob Pedersen, Computer Support Services" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:43:37 -0500
Our organization has started a LISTSERV to replace the internal VMSMAIL
distribution list for all staff.  The goal is to encourage two-way discussion
and to build an archive of postings.

We would like to be able to make the archives available to all staff but not
to the public at large.  However, we anticipate that many staff, faced with the
hurdle of registering and using a personal password, would not bother.  This is
not acceptable.

We do have an intranet.  Can I put the archive on the intranet server (thus
effectively blocking outside access)?  Or, is there a better way of handling
this?

We are running a recent build of 1.8d running on WinNT4.0/Intel.

Thanks for your help,

Bob Pedersen
Site administrator
Kansas City Public Library