Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:25:05 -0500
Michael Donnelly wrote:

> A Case Sensitive thing somewhere?

Maybe....  I know on our AIX system we have *.list files rather
than *.LIST files.

Sometimes people want me to make a list using an existing list
as a model.  I copy (for example) oldname.list to newname.list
and then am able to go right into the web interface and pull up
newname.list and tweak it.  I just did an experiment copying
one of my test lists to testcase.LIST and the web interface
then claimed we had no list named "testcase".  This is AIX
rather than Solaris but I suspect it may be the same....
Actually just about all the file extensions (filetypes as VM
would say) are lowercase on our system.  And of course you
want listserv to "own" the files.

I remember moving our lists off VM about four years ago.

Margaret King
Michigan State University