Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:23:43 -0700
I've got one subscriber who is getting munged messages, apparently
due to her ISP's POP3 server not being RFC822 compliant. This only
happens when I use the "resend" capability of LISTSERV (my list is
moderated). Thanks to the kind help of Steve Dorner, we've apparently
tracked this problem down to the two "X-From_:" lines LISTSERV
inserts in the headers of resent messages. The first "X-From_:"
at the top of the message does not trigger the problem, and messages
with only one "X-From_:" arrive intact. But a message with an
additional "X-From_:" several lines down in the header results in
the insertion of two lines just before the "X-From_:". The first
inserted line is "X-UIDL: ....", and the second is a blank line.
Of course the subscriber's mail reader sees this blank line as the
end of the headers and thus does not show any sender or subject
until she opens the message.

Anyone else ever see a POP3 server that choked on LISTSERV's
second "X-From_:"?

-rex