Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 20:15:15 -0800
On 19 Feb 97, Eric Paul-Hus wrote:

> =20 is char(32) ie a space
> =3D is chr(61) ie "=" the equal sign.
>
> Is seems that under some circumstances those char gets "quoted" instead
> of displayed ... Maybe the user can try to "uncheck" the "quoted
> characters" in her/his setup ?

I just got through de-bugging some output on a list that did the same thing
when saved (it wasn't visable in my reader)  The person sent 6 messages, 5 had
these same characters when the message was saved as text, and one (sent in the
middle of the batch) didn't.  These messages were sent on Windows Eudora Lite
version 1.5.2.  The ones with weird characters were:

The one without the characters was:

With no Content-Transfer-Encoding flag.

I'm not familiar with Eudora, so I have no idea how it came to have the change
in the middle, unless perhaps there was a font change or simular.

Liz

          Liz & the Terv Herd
  Somewhere on the beautiful Oregon coast
              Spiritbrook