Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Nov 1994 23:18:52 -0500
On Fri, 18 Nov 1994, Anthro-l Listowners... quoted [log in to unmask]:

> Thirdly, we'd like you to know that we have gone through the owners of
> selected lists, rather than posting to the lists directly, in an effort
> to allow list owners or moderators to screen as appropriate.

Sounds as if they should have used the owner-LISTNAME addresses ...

I have been thinking about this stuff.  It's only going to get worse:
what can we do about it?  It seems *possible* that servers could talk to
each other with sufficient information about who was sending messages
that really large-scale spams like this could be stopped automatically.
Has anyone else been thinking about this?

(I probably *should* bring this up on LSTSRV-L ... hmm, well, before I
do, why don't I see if I get flamed *here* :-)

Norm