"Evans, Geoffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:27:31 -0400
Am a listowner for a non-moderated health professional LISTSERV run through
NIH.   Despite intermittent warnings, and now a banner "NOTICE" at the top
of the each message asking subscribers to use FORWARD instead of REPLY if
they wish to respond only to the sender, we still get inadvertent postings
to the list.   Naturally this all goes away if I decide to go with an
editor(s), an option that I prefer not to utilize for various reasons.

Here's the question.  Is it possible to add a LISTSERV option that once
someone tries to post a message, the server replies back only to the sender
asking him or her if they really wish to post to the entire list?  Only
after they answer OK does it get posted.  It seems to me the downside of
delaying a few messages if someone is not present to confirm is greatly
outweighed by ridding ourselves of this annoyance.   My NEWSGROUP software
utilizes this as a default setting, and it makes a lot of sense in this
realm as well.   Is it possible to creat this option?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff Evans

Geoffrey Evans, MD.
Medical Director
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
5600 Fishers Lane   Room 8A-46
Rockville, MD 20857
phone: (301) 443-4198
FAX: (301) 443-8196