Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:31:31 -0500
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Josie O'Brien wrote:

> There was a very controversial message accidentally sent to the Scottish
> Terrier List.  The message did not hit the list because the daily message
> number was exceeded so the list is being held until I type the Free
> CyberScots command.  I put the individual on review hoping that maybe it
> would come to me first and then I could discard the message.  This person
> was not on review at the time she posted the message to the List.
>
> My question is:  Is there a way to dump all of the messages that are being
> held by ListServ so that the controversial post does not hit the List and
> start a big war.

Go to the spool directory and do this (substituting the e-mail address of
the sender of the offending post):

for i in `ls`
do
        echo $i
        jobview $i | grep "offending e-mail address"
done | more

This will let you find the offending post and move the spool file
somewhere else. If you are a non-Unix machine, there is probably some way
to find the post similarly.

-- DCP

--
Douglas Palmer              |
SystemsManager, USDC-EDNY   |   rm -rf /bin/laden