Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:04:36 -0600
> Seems to me that when the header says that Reply-to = List, Respect, the
> default when replying is to send the reply to the list and to the poster.

Nope.. it would mean that replies would be sent to the LIST unless the sender's email
program gave different instructions [that's where the "respect" comes in]

List,Ignore

would be reply to list ignoring the sender's commands

Sender,respect
Sender,ignore

reply to sender rather than list .. with either respect sender's instructions or ignore
them.

both,respect
both,ignore

reply sent to both sender AND the list .. with either respect sender's instructions or
ignore them.

Also.. for some email programs it just won't work.. and I believe you may have to
make sure your default setting is NOT ShortHDR .. because that strips some of the
info needed from the headers.

Good luck Bill ;-))

    . ..Cleo  [log in to unmask]
UnOfficial Listowners' Manuals/Guides/Tutorials
http://angus.interspeed.net/listowner/