Sat, 6 Apr 1996 19:45:00 -0500
<snip>
>A few examples of what gets changed or added:  I have asked probably at
>least 100 times for people to put their name and e-mail address in the
>body of their messages at the bottom.  This is so the requotes are
>correctly attributed, and also because if the name and e-mail address
>isn't in the body, people write to me and ask for it (every time, I've
>experimented). People won't do it, so I add it when missing.  I tried
>writing them back and asking them to do it, but we get 100 messages to
>approve many days, and I don't have time to correspond with 2/3 of them
>asking them to add their signatures, since in the end that more than
>triples the editing time.

        FWIW, Lotus cc:Mail completely strips internet email headers, and
there's no way a user can get at them. The net result is that users get a
message "FROM: LISTSERV list owners' forum" with no other sourcing data
available. I've addressed this to Lotus several times, but they've made no
comment other than "cc:Mail is designed for corporate use and not many
companies are that interested in the internet."
        Yeah, and computers will someday weigh less then one and a half
tons, and no one will ever need more than 640k. Wake up.

Philo