Bob Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Jul 1993 20:21:09 -0500

>On Mon, 12 Jul 1993 14:46:20 EDT Anthea Tillyer <ABTHC@CUNYVM> wrote:
>>Has anyone had experience with a "bitnet" node called WUECONA?
>>We got notification from LISTSERV of a sign on to our list by someone at that
>>node, but now we are getting error messages saying that there is no such node.
>>There is indeed no such node listed in BITNODES.
>>Can anyone tell me a good (simple) way to deal with this..I mean a way that is
>>more productive than simply deleting this individual or setting him to nomail?
>
>Contact [log in to unmask],
>and request that he/she/they update their configuration-files,
>in order to use a FQDN (fully-qualified domain name),
>rather than just the incomplete name 'WUECONA'.

Hey, wuecona is not a bitnet node - its an internet Sun Unix box.  If you can
tell me the userid, I can find out just why things are amiss (i.e., you should
have seen a wuecona.wustl.edu r.t. just wuecona.
| Bob Parks                                          Voice: (314) 935-5665 |
| Department of Economics, Campus Box 1208             Fax: (314) 935-4156 |
| Washington University                                                    |
| One Brookings Drive                                                      |