Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:43:18 -0700
On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 08:54:11AM -0700, Ben Parker wrote:

> With Send= Editor , LISTSERV sends you the entire message and you
> must resend it back to LISTSERV with the proper 'resent-' header
> lines.  Eudora cannot do this.

Yes, Eudora can insert "Resent-" in the headers. I've posted details
on how to do it here -- twice, I think. I'm running Linux so I can't
easily check the syntax, but it's something like
ExtraHeaders="Resent-From: user@domain"\n (that's not quite right, but
the details are in the Eudora help file).

It's extremely handy for running a moderated list and altering messages
without changing the sender's name.

AFAIK, Eudora's "redirect" syntax does not violate any RFCs, and IMO,
it's a reasonable compromise to allow redirecting a message while
plainly indicating that the message did not come directly from the
original author. Forwarding a message often results in a reply
coming back to you instead of going to the intended recipient, the
original author.

-rex
--
Linux 2.2.1