Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 13:59:52 -0500
Thanks, Ben and Pete. I checked the settings, and yes, the posters who were
having the problem were set to shorthdr. I've changed these now, and will
see if everyone gets images in the form they expect. - ed

It's rather a drag that attachment handling is dependent upon header format;
it makes a LISTSERV list less user-friendly than could be wished. And I must
say, this sort of thing should be better documented.  --  ed

At 09:53 PM 3/4/99 -0500, Peacenet Balkans Desk wrote:
>When anyone sends an image file to the list I manage, the link that appears
>on the msg at the web interface is of a downloadable image, which is what we
>want.
>However, when people get the image by email, it doesn't show up as a
>separate file in their download files, but as a bunch of multipart mime in
>the body of the msg. Very disturbing.
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston ([log in to unmask])