David Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:08:31 -0400
I suspect there are a number here, if not everyone, will agree that the
"investment" has paid off very well!  I know I've learned a lot from you
Pete, and hope your wisdom will remain with us for quite some time.

David
Admin, Poodle-L

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Pete Weiss
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 11:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OT: "truth" in list-owning

Dear LSTOWN-L Friends:

I think that you would like to know that I'll be officially retiring from
Penn State (PSU) at the end of this month (September).  Though I will
continue to post from this e-mail address, it will NOT be as an employee.
I will still operate some non-PSU specific lists both here and elsewhere.

I want to share with you some of my thoughts on list-owning (almost all
experiences gained using LISTSERV(R)) technology:

It has enabled me to extend my internal and external "reach" i.e.,
allowed me to involved with and influence others in ways that I never
planned.

It has allowed me to provide communication services for the public good.

It has enabled me to provide the platform by which among various
professional cohorts communuicate, thus establishing a community of
practice.

--

There are many who aided (and tolerated ;-) ) me in my education of list-
(and email) operations -- hopefully their investment has paid off!

Pete Weiss @ Penn State