Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 May 1994 23:33:57 -0400
> I wonder if those on this list would like to consider the obvious merits
> of placing their list-names on the REV LSTOWN-L info at [log in to unmask]
> SUNET.SE, as it makes it a lot easier to know which Listowners are
> 'present'.

You are asking 386 subscribers of LSTOWN-L to alter their subscription
identification for a purpose that's not clear.  In many cases, this
actually won't be practical since some people own multiple lists.  (I own
or co-own 8 lists and that info won't fit cleanly within my subscr. info.
I don't even like sticking all that in my message signatures.)  It may be
better for people to include list-owner info in their sigs when they post
here, if it occurs to them.

> Would it also be an idea to send out a promo about this
> list to attract further owners to join?

It's listed in the archives of NEW-LIST.  It may be a good suggestion to
include info about LSTOWN-L in the someday-to-be-re-written LISTOWNR MEMO.

You seem to generally be asking for more activity of some kind on this
list.  Can you be more specific about what kind of 'more activity' you're
looking for?

-- Roger Burns   "8 -- count'em -- 8 lists"   [log in to unmask]