Paul Karagianis <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:27:07 -0400
On 19 Jun 2003, at 9:49, Margaret King wrote:

>As a listserv administrator, I don't mind restoring a rightful
>owner (I've actually had to do it once), but I wouldn't be
>thrilled if I was asked to go through months of logs to try to
>determine what changes a particular co-owner has made....

Ditto.  Every couple of months I do a "LIST DETAILED" and file the
resulting master list of all 600+ headers at this site away so I can
have a history of the "primary owner" (the first owner listed in the
header) as the final authority in ownership disputes.  This is one of
the very few policies that we have here and it isn't infallible.  The
"LIST DETAILED" command doesn't show "hidden" blocks in the header and
some owners just won't pay attention to the header until they feel their
public image has been compromised ("I didn't know the secondary and
primary owners were reversed by the rebels two years ago...").  But, for
the most part, it does seem to have deterred this kind of activity since
we introduced it after the Great Owner Wars of '98.

                                                       -Kary