Allen Gwinn <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jul 1995 15:42:23 -0500
If you've not gotten any response or cooperation from BYU or Utah.EDU,
you need to escalate it.  I would suggest starting off contacting BYU's
systems personnel.  They are:

  Kelly McDonald, (801) 378-5025  [log in to unmask]

and

  John Peterson, (801) 378-5007  [log in to unmask]

At Utah, the zone contact is:

  Walter Haas,  (801) 534-1262  [log in to unmask]

If you don't get satisfaction there, you can escalate it to their service
providers.  For BYU, their uplink appears to be through Westnet in Boulder,
Colorado.  Their contacts are:

  Carol Ward,  (303) 273-3418  [log in to unmask]

and

  Chris Garner,  (303) 492-3873  [log in to unmask]

For Utah, there provider appears to be Sprintlink, but they appear to
operate a POP for Westnet as well.  Sprintlink's contact is:

  Robert Collet  [log in to unmask]    703-904-2230

Also, if you are getting seriously ignored, a letter to the President
of the respective Universities may be appreciated as well.  Being at
a University, myself, most of the time when mail is ignored it is
usually unintentional, and only indicative of falling victim to the
massive mail overload that University computing staffs normally get.

When you send a letter, those usually get trickled down through the
appropriate channels, and somebody gets told to handle it.

I am going to copy all parties mentioned in this mailing, so that
they're aware of the situation.  I will also pass on any response that
I get.

---
Allen Gwinn
Associate Director
Computing Services
SMU - Business Information Ctr
Dallas, TX  75275    [log in to unmask]    214.768.3186   fax: 214.768-1884