Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 10:54:07 +0000
On 23 Apr 97 at 10:26, Eric Bourland wrote:

> The list roster contains 40 members. My client wants to insert his
> intro. text into the beginning of all posted messages, sent by any of
> these people.
>
> Has anyone done this before?

What you want is the TOP_BANNER mail template.

Mail templates are described in detail in Chapter 9 of the Owner's
manual and Chapter 10 of the Site Manager's manual.

Basically, you want to send to the listserv address the command
GET listname MAILTPL

If it tells you that the file doesn't exist, just send it

PUT listname MAILTPL PW=password
>>>TOP_BANNER
the text you want in the top banner

If it sends you back the template you already have created for
the list, you want to add the TOP_BANNER template to it and
PUT it back.

Francoise