Glenn Darwin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:23:49 -0400
There has been a lot of discussion on my lists about this problem.  Here is a
post from one of them where a subscriber did his own investigation.

Between setting up new topics on this list (the fact users need to learn what is
going on) and the aol, @home, rr, and other ISP's trashing e-mail, it has kept
us busy....

I'm not calling AOL again.  I'm having my subscribers do the bitching this time.

Glenn
http://www.corvettemuseum.com
http://listserv.corvettemuseum.com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ZR1] All - Aol Issues
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 08:54:18 -0400
From: "Gibson, Edward C (Ed)" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

AOL apparently changed something in their filtering software around the
beginning of August and it's throwing out a lot of mailing lists.

I noticed it when I stopped getting messages for a half-dozen mailing lists
I'm set up for through Yahoo Groups.

I suspect it's detecting the fact that the same message is going to multiple
reciptients and rejecting it as spam.

I changed all the mailing lists I subscribed to on aol to go to my yahoo
account and haven't had any further problems.  You can create a Yahoo email
address for free and you receive a free 6 MB mailbox (hotmail only allows 2
MB).

Ed
'91 ZR1 #1576

Problems? Contact Dave Bright at: [log in to unmask]
TOPICS: TECH  http://www.zr1.net