"Alperin, Glenn" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:32:08 -0400
Pauline Marshall wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Alperin, Glenn wrote:
>
>> If there were an internet standard though, the lines would be broken up
>> properly so I could read them.  As for your screen being 132 characters
>> with X-Windows and your not wishing to cut and wrap it, I'm actually
>> amazed this message of yours came through properly.
>
>Minor correction, I am not using the above screen right now, but I do, and
>it was used for example.

which explains why I could read it so easily.  :-)

>I think what we have to do, is nail down if this is a sender's problem, or
>a reciever's problem, before we start throwing daggers around.

This is the easy part.  The sender never notices the problem at all, and
until pointed out by the reciever, is entirely oblivious to the problem.

On a Macjordomo list I am on (not at all related to Majordomo I'm told.
seperate software entirely) there is one subscriber to that list who uses
Microsoft Mail, and his messages consistantly fail to line wrap unless he
issues a hard return or enter on them.  (I actually went to check what
mail program he was using as I have a ton of headers and footers attached
to every e-mail message I get, and usually there is a header associated
with the mail program sending the message.  For example, you sent this
message to this list with the Pine mail program.)

Also of note is that I seem to be the only person having trouble on that
Macjordomo list with the line-wrapping, at least that is what I'm told by
that list-owner, and he is the kind of person who would find it very
difficult to lie about such things.  (Don't ask how I know that, because
if I told you, it would be way out of the realm of this list.)

I've mentioned before that my mail program is not RFC822 compliant so this
problem of mine may be related to that.

Glenn