Eric Crump <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jun 1992 09:10:01 CDT
Ah, I've got myself in a bit of a pickle here. Hope somebody has a
brilliant solution. I inherited a list, TNC@gitvm1, from a friend
who is going to be gone for the summer. He didn't have a password
for it. Apparently one was not created (if that's possible). And
like an idiot, I fetched the list to edit an address and now cannot
put it back. As you can see from the message below, I tried to add
a new password to the first line of the list file, but that didn't
work. I tried to issue the PW ADD command, but got a "command forwarded
to nearest backbone" response. Hmmm. I've sent inquiries to my contact
at gitvm1, but haven't heard back yet. He may be out of town, too, at
the moment. Any suggestions for a procedure to extricate me from this
dilemma? If I had an idea, I could suggest it to the Georgia Tech folks.
I'm at the University of Missouri, by the way.

Thanks.
Eric Crump/LCERIC@umcvmb
Invalid  password supplied.  Acceptable passwords
are: your personal password (obtained through the
"PW ADD" command) and the password of list TNC.