Sean Lichtenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:10:04 EST
All,
   My listserv keeps emailing me these types of messages:

The following  message was  submitted by  [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])  to  the AMMO  list  at
LISTSERV.SUP.company.NET. It is being forwarded to you for verification
because the
message has been identified as a  possible "spam", that is,  an advertisement
or
other  unsolicited material  sent to   large numbers  of mailing  lists with
no
consideration for  whether  or not the material is appropriate  for the lists
it
is  being  sent to. A single  "spam" can result  in the delivery  of
millions of
unwanted e-mail messages worldwide, costing the victims  and service
providers a
total of several  hundred thousand dollars. The  cost to  the spammer is
usually
under five dollars. To be effective, a  counter-measure must neutralize the
spam
within  the first  five  minutes.  Consequently, there  is no  time for  all
the
LISTSERV  servers to  compare notes  with each  other  before  acting, and
some
legitimate postings may be intercepted  erroneously. If this is the case,
simply
forward this message back to the  list with an explanatory note.

I have tried looking through the online docs and cant find anything
regarding these messages. The addresses that are emailing the list are legit and  I
want to keep getting the emails, is there something in the header that I am  not
setting right? Is there more info that I should be including on this?  Thanks.

Sean  Lichtenberger
Member Management Ops
systems  analyst
703-265-4065